IS-instruments Ltd is a SME based in Tonbridge, specializing in the development of spectrometers, Raman systems and LIDAR products. The company is expanding its product range and has recently been awarded a number of exciting development contracts. We are seeking system engineer / Opto mechanical engineer to join our team. The successful candidate should be educated to at least degree level in physics, or similar field. The applicant should have experience in working with optical and photonics systems. In particular in their assembly and alignment.
The candidate should be capable of working both independently and within a small team. Preference will be given to applicants that have knowledge of spectroscopic and Raman systems or LIDAR based products for chemical analysis the successful candidate will be expected to work alongside the current technical team helping to develop new instruments and drive forward new product lines. The candidate should have good written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable presenting material to the wider audience.
Preference will be given for applicant who displays any of the following skills and particulars:
• Knowledge of optical systems
• Experience with ray tracing and optical design
• Expertise in CAD
• Experience performing optical alignment tasks in the field
• Knowledge of system level design and integration
• Knowledge of LabVIEW /C++/Python
• Knowledge of Raman measurement
• Knowledge of LIDAR systems
• Knowledge of 3D measurement systems
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org