Purpose of Job: At Specac we are a very ambitious team targeting significant growth over the coming years. This is a critical new role within our commercial team to drive rapid growth across the product portfolio and to contribute to all strategic and practical activities related to market development and product development.
This is a hybrid role: the individual will also have responsibilities for sales, both in the support of existing customers and channels and the identification and acquisition of new business.
1. To own the process cell product portfolio and proactively drive growth across this product portfolio in line with product sales targets.
2. To take responsibility and manage the entire life of NPD projects – from conception, specification, development of the commercial case, development of appropriate marketing collateral, education of internal and external stakeholders, launch and achievement of sales targets.
3. To collect NPD ideas through regular discussions with the sales team and customers and from industry conferences and publications; and lead and drive the generation of blockbuster and other NPD ideas.
4. To work with the sales team in the identification and targeting of new markets and channels, opportunities to grow market share, and in the education of OEM representatives, dealers and end users and to drive growth through these initiatives.
5. To ensure that the sales team have the appropriate marketing collateral for each key product and the understanding of product features, target customers and applications, and competitive USPs.
6. To hold regular discussions with the sales team to collect information, provide support and to understand needs and gaps in relation to market share, market knowledge and marketing collateral.
7. To seek out and generate partnerships, ideas, and identify emerging applications that will lead to business development and new product ideas.
8. To report monthly on the performance of sales for the product portfolio relative to target and details, if performance is below target, on actions and initiatives to recover performance.
9. To collect, analyse and make recommendations to the Leadership Team in relation to user feedback, market trends, competitor activity, emerging applications.
10. Monitor the activities of our competitors (including sales programmes, prices, products) and provide updates to the business.
11. To provide technical support to the sales team and customers.
12. To attend and participate in industry forums and conferences.
13. To work with marketing to generate marketing activities, the targeting of these and the assessment of their effectiveness.
14. To consolidate and provide product forecasting details and participate in the product forecasting meeting.
Other Relationships (internal and external): Internal: Sales and Marketing Department. Engineering Department. Finance. Production Department. External: key customers, end user customers, OEM representatives, and dealers.
Skill, Qualities and Experience Required:
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Educated to degree level with a scientific qualification.
- Good understanding of NIR Process applications and other spectroscopic techniques.
- Able to demonstrate success in the management of a product portfolio, driving profitable sales growth.
- Experience in development of new business while achieving growth across existing key accounts.
- Management of new product development and introduction.
- Managing multiple internal and external stakeholders concurrently.
- Strong motivation and self-discipline to work proactively and with minimal supervision.
- Good level of practical aptitude in handling technical products.
- Demonstrable experience of working in customer focused account management
- Ability to use own initiative to achieve business results.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
Other Relevant Information:
- Valid Driving Licence
- Flexibility to travel abroad as per business needs.